Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Michigan Backpackers and Hikers Wanted

I found this article, a backpacker in Michigan looking for fellow backpackers and Hikers. I thought I give him a hand post his article around.

Michigan Backpackers and Hikers Wanted

Is your idea of a fun weekend hauling 30 pounds on your back while munching trail mix and sleeping in a backcountry tent?
Would you like to get out there on some longer out-of-state treks too but just don't have anybody to do it with?
Or are you fairly new to backpacking and would like to hook up with some experienced hikers?

If so, I'm looking for you!

I'm hoping to get a dialogue started here among Michigan backpackers who are looking for kindred spirits to share trail info, gear tips, just about anything -- but most of all, to meet new backpacking friends to get out there together as a group, large or small, male and female, to enjoy some camaraderie on the trails this summer.

As the Outdoors writer at the Flint Journal, you can email me at eshaw@flintjournal.com as well as the open dialogue here.

Really hoping to hear from some of you out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment